ChatGPT as Your Sales Coach is a real idea for sales professionals. I have written about how many in the speaking industry waste a lot of money on “coaches” to help them grow their speaking business, as most give basic advice. Well now AI can do that for free.
Maybe you do not need to hire a coach. Maybe you can ask ChatGPT to be your sales coach and then press it for more details.
Here is an experiment I did that took five minutes.
I asked Chat GPT: “Can you act as a sales coach to help me sell more and reach my quota?”
Of course! I’d be happy to act as a sales coach and help you sell more effectively to reach your quota. Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Focus on building relationships: People are more likely to buy from someone they trust and feel comfortable with. Spend time building relationships with your prospects and customers by asking questions, actively listening, and showing genuine interest in their needs and concerns.
- Be persistent: Don’t give up after the first rejection or unanswered email. Follow up regularly and consistently with prospects and customers, and try different approaches to see what works best.
- Be a problem solver: Your prospects and customers are looking for solutions to their problems, so position yourself as a problem solver rather than a salesperson. Focus on how your product or service can help solve their specific challenges.
- Be prepared: Before you meet with a prospect or customer, do your research and prepare thoroughly. Understand their business, their challenges, and their goals, and be ready to demonstrate how your product or service can help them achieve those goals.
- Ask for referrals: Happy customers are often willing to refer you to others who might benefit from your product or service. Don’t be afraid to ask for referrals, and make it easy for your customers to refer you by providing clear instructions and incentives.
I hope these tips help you improve your sales skills and reach your quota! Let me know if you have any other questions or if there’s anything else I can do to help.
Then I asked ChatGPT as Your Sales Coach to go deeper on number three…”Be a problem solver”
Here was the reply:
Sure, I’d be happy to explain more about being a problem solver as a salesperson.
Being a problem solver means focusing on the customer’s needs and challenges rather than just trying to sell them a product or service. Instead of simply pitching your product, you should take the time to understand the customer’s situation, challenges, and goals, and then position your product as a solution to their specific problem.
To do this effectively, you should start by asking open-ended questions that help you understand the customer’s needs and challenges. For example, you might ask questions like:
- What are your biggest challenges right now?
- How are you currently addressing those challenges?
- What outcomes are you hoping to achieve?
As you listen to their answers, look for opportunities to position your product as a solution to their specific problem. For example, if a customer mentions that they’re struggling with managing their inventory, you could explain how your product can help automate inventory tracking and reduce errors.
It’s also important to focus on the benefits of your product, rather than just the features. Instead of simply listing the features of your product, explain how those features can solve the customer’s problem and help them achieve their goals. For example, if your product has a fast and easy-to-use interface, explain how that can save the customer time and increase productivity.
Ultimately, being a problem solver means taking the time to understand the customer’s situation, challenges, and goals, and then positioning your product as a solution that can help them achieve those goals. By doing this, you’ll be able to build trust and credibility with the customer, and increase your chances of closing the sale.
This all took a few minutes. But what if daily you asked it for more and more ideas on how to sell. ChatGPT as Your Sales Coach could be your own personal motivation. Look for the sparks of ideas and keep asking deeper questions.
Now, beware. This is not perfect, but it seems like this could be your secret weapon as a sales person, if you keep asking for deeper and more clarified answers about sales tips and tricks. Invest 15 minutes a day and in a month you may be seeing results.
Have a great day
The post ChatGPT as Your Sales Coach appeared first on Thom Singer.